York News and Events
Planning your York trip? Whether you’re looking for things to do in York such as events and attractions, to make your York visit run smoothly or are planning where to stay in York, you’ll find everything you need for your York holiday on Whats On in York.net. Our What’s On York guide has the latest events not to miss while you visit York – there’s always something going on, so don’t miss out on the latest exhibitions, shows and more on your trip to York by checking out our News and Events page.
See what's On in York. The events calendar is always packed with arts festivals, live music, exhibitions, blockbuster theatre shows, sport and activities for family and kids.
Whats on in York Local News
Yorkshire Balloon Fiesta this year will see Scouting for Girls, Craig Charles, Gabrielle, Heather Small, BoyzLife, DJ Howard Donald, Symphonic Ibiza and York’s very own party band Huge at Knavesmire. York Press | What’s On…
TMD Friction’s global management team – including CEO David Baines – have visited the UK’s only manufacturing facility in Hartlepool. The Northern Echo | Business News …
THEY may not have been wielding guns in defence of their homeland. York Press | What’s On…
A WINNING lottery ticket was purchased in the North East – and the person who has claimed it has revealed what he will spend it on. The Northern Echo | Business News …
Hollywood actor Johnny Depp will join Jeff Beck for the remainder of his UK tour – including a performance in York, it has been confirmed. York Press | What’s On…
Level Up partner believe housing has a new fleet of vehicles which will save it thousands of pounds to reinvest in homes and services for its customers. The Northern Echo | Business News …
INTERNATIONALLY renowned musicians will take part in a special series of recitals at York Minster this summer to celebrate the return of the Grand Organ, following its £2 million, once-in-a-century refurbishment. York Press | What’s On…
A POPULAR town centre Italian restaurant has announced its immediate closure. The Northern Echo | Business News …
1 2 3 … 10 Next »
- Harry Gration - remembering the York legend in 30 photoson 25th June 2022 at 12:38 am
HARRY Gration was a real York legend - and his sudden death at the age of 71 saddens us all.
- ITV Coronation Street star Charlie de Melo reveals new role which will delight his mumon 25th June 2022 at 12:14 am
The actor’s character Imran Habeeb was recently killed off on the cobbles and he has already found is next role.
- UK's luckiest postcodes revealed for winning the lotteryon 25th June 2022 at 12:00 am
The UK's luckiest postcodes for winning the lottery have been revealed
- Harry Gration: Tributes after sudden death of York and BBC legendon 24th June 2022 at 7:40 pm
VETERAN BBC regional news presenter Harry Gration, who lived in York, has died suddenly.
- Sky reveals new content coming to its channels and NOW in July 2022on 24th June 2022 at 7:38 pm
Sky has revealed the content coming to its channels and the streaming service NOW for July 2022.
the northern echo york
- 20 happiest places to live in UK according to Rightmove – See the full liston 24th November 2021 at 9:46 am
View the full list of happiest places to live in the UK, according to Rightmove.
- Teenagers aged 15 and 16 caught with heroin, crack cocaine and knuckle dusteron 7th June 2021 at 2:17 pm
TWO teenage boys are the latest arrests made by North Yorkshire Police in their crackdown on county lines drug dealing.
- Missing York man found safe and wellon 4th June 2021 at 6:58 pm
POLICE are appealing for any information which would help them to locate missing 38-year-old man Alex Scanlon.
- First look inside late-night dessert cafe about to open in Yorkon 4th June 2021 at 4:30 pm
YORK'S sweet tooth is about to get sweeter as a design-your-own dessert cafe prepares to open next week.
- Decision on 200 homes plan in Harrogate is delayedon 4th June 2021 at 2:04 pm
A DECISION on controversial plans for 200 homes at a former police training base in Harrogate has been deferred while a key report on how the wider area will cope with thousands of new residents is completed.